Colorado Springs Alcohol Rehab
Find Colorado Springs alcohol rehab centers that can effectively guide you in reclaiming your life.
Alcohol related problems are one of the toughest health issues that plague the United States today. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, approximately 17 million adults ages 18 and older have an alcohol use disorder (AUD), and statistics show that 1 in 10 children have a parent who has a drinking problem. Luckily, treatment for AUDs is effective and most people battling alcohol or drug addiction can benefit from a treatment program. The NIAAA reports that approximately one-third of people who seek treatment for alcoholism have been able to significantly reduce their drinking or cease drinking all together with no recurrence a year later. It is important to be able to recognize when you have a drinking problem and when it is time to seek the help that reputable Colorado Springs Alcohol Rehab centers can provide.
Colorado Springs Drug and Alcohol Rehab: Get out of denial and know when it's time to get into treatment.
An alcohol use disorder can be mild or severe, and it develops when someone consistently drinks too much, too fast, or too often. As reported by Psychology Today, alcohol abuse affects people regardless of race, gender, or ethnicity. While the highest rates of abuse are among adults ages 18 – 29 and lowest among those ages 65 and older, identifying AUD can be difficult when factoring in the lifestyles of young adults and college students, which usually include excessive alcohol use. Unfortunately, even excessive alcohol use that doesn't end up being an AUD also carries life threatening risks, such as alcohol poisoning, auto accidents, sexual assaults, and more. Wondering how to tell when it is time to seek help at Colorado Springs alcohol rehab centers? Alcohol dependence is a disease that causes:
- Strong cravings or an intense desire to drink.
- A loss of control or not being able to stop drinking once you start.
- Physical dependence – withdrawal symptoms, or alcohol detox begins if you stop drinking for a certain length of time. Signs of alcohol detox include trouble sleeping, nausea, irritability, shakiness, anxiety, depression, or excessive perspiration.
- Tolerance – the need to drink more alcohol to achieve the same effects.
- A lot of time spent drinking or being sick from drinking.
- Damaged relationships with family members and friends.
- A negative impact on your career.
- Increased risk of getting injured, which could result from driving, swimming, using machinery or having unsafe sex while under the influence of alcohol.
Choosing to enter treatment at Colorado Springs alcohol rehab centers is an important step in the recovery journey. When you check into Colorado Springs drug and alcohol rehabs, you can expect:
- A medically assisted drug or alcohol detox. Approaching alcohol detox in this way is safer and more comfortable for the patient to endure
- Top rated inpatient treatment that may include medication to help reduce anxiety and cravings
- Psychological counseling
- Behavioral therapy
- To learn skills and establish a treatment plan to guide you on your journey to recovery.
- Medical treatment for any coexisting conditions
- Continuing support when you complete inpatient treatment. This includes aftercare programs and support groups to assist in maintaining sobriety
Anyone suffering from an addiction who is ready to make the commitment to get well can learn about the treatment options that are available by calling Colorado Springs Drug Treatment Centers. As you research drug and alcohol rehab treatment centers in Colorado Springs, you will find that treatment methods differ depending on the individual and the scope of addiction. The same treatment program isn't right for everyone, so Colorado Springs drug and alcohol rehab facilities offer customized treatment programs for each patient. Treatment may begin with an intervention, followed by detox, psychotherapy, and various types of counseling, and either an outpatient program or inpatient rehab stay. Upon completion of the program, aftercare supports are put in place to assist the newly sober person with maintaining a sober lifestyle. Make the commitment to reclaim a sober life today. Call Colorado Springs Drug Treatment Centers at (720) 251-4738 to begin your search for treatment centers today.